Canandaigua 9/19

MarkNY

today was another rainbow mission. launched at the north end and made my way south to mid lake and started fishing in 185 FOW. my deepest line was 45' and went up to 20'. hooked a laker at 45' on a dipsy with a dark green dreamweaver spoon. worked my way out to 215' and finally hooked a rainbow!!! landed a small rainbow, maybe 17" on a gold/orange michigan stinger spoon on a dipsy down at 35'. this small fish hammered the spoon pulling a tight drag and jumping behind the boat several times, awesome fish. marked quite a bit in this area so i kept circling. landed another small rainbow on a green hammer michigan stinger spoon down 30'. worked my way out to 225' and landed a silver, pretty lake trout down at 30' on the green hammer spoon. worked my way north and stayed in that 215' range and had a smoking hit on green hammer spoon. drag was screaming, picked up the rod and felt a heavy fish. fish was hot. battled it for a minute or so and then the line went limp. reeled in and found the spoon missing. no doubt a good size rainbow and my biggest ever on the troll. wont forget that one for a while. im hooked on these rainbows. lesson of the day, dont fish dipsys for rainbows without a snubber. been putting it off rigging them and got away without them with mono line but since switching to braid, got me thinking about it so i learned the hard way. this was my first time on canandaigua and man i LOVED the lake. beautiful, that waterfront at the north end is really cool. neat place and great fishing! till next time...best, mark

gTNNr.jpg

gTXM0.jpg