Hot Lure: Orange NBK, 42 second Sticks in natural and bright colors

Trolling Speed: 2.9-3.0

Down Speed: 2.25-2.5

Boat Depth: 8-25

Lure Depth: 1-6

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Friday 4-29

Fished Friday Morning with my father and got set up around 630. We found a large mud plume coming out of Sandy out to 30 fow. Trolled West and swung around across the mouth taking 2 coho off a puerto rican bomber. Headed along the mud and worked the contour back across the creek and back into shore pickin a few browns along the way. As we got set back up our outside rod pulling a full sized rogue in gold and black starts screaming. First King of the season shredding our 12 pound test BT set ups. Solid jumps and 5 minutes later our first king of the season hit the deck!! Around the 13-14 pound mark and was a sight after seeing mostly BTs . We locked up with another King shortly after in the same water off of the woods a touch east of the creek but lost it at the back of the boat. We boated 11 and lost another 5 fishing 4 rods. The day was going great with my father and I till the weather starting kicking up and all hell broke lose. Long story short, the boat ended up getting swung around with all my gear out and sheared off my otter board in the middle of hail and building wind. After getting everything straightened out we couldnt locate my bright orange otter board in the building seas and hail/rain. :no::no: Crappy ending to such a good day........Luckily a fellow honest sandy creek fisherman found it and I was able to get it back!! Thanks again Keith! Hope you like Dunkin Donuts.

Sunday 5-1

Decided to Derby fish today on a cancellation so we launched out of Sandy Creek around 7 and had an awesome morning considering we got on the water an hour later than planned. Steady action West towards the park in 8-15 fow. Spoons were hot with orange and orange and gold stickbaits also doing there share. Highlights of the day included many fish hitting while letting lures out with rod in hand!! This happend 3 times with lures 10 ft off the tip of the rod right in the prop wash. Awesome!! Steady action till around 930 where it seemed to slow down to a pick with a few doubles mixed in. Ended the day with 12 to the boat dropping 6 fishing 4 rods. Browns, rainbows, and cohos. I fished 3 baits off the boards and 1 as a flatline pulling various stickbaits. The flatline took 3 of the bigger fish today including an absolutely violent hit and screaming drag that took me out to 325!! This fish coming unbuttoned within minutes not knowing what it was. Im pretty sure it was another teenage king or an atlantic. Great fishing to say the least but nothing big enough for me to weigh in for the LOC. We had a few browns above 10-11 but let them go to fight another day. The water temps down west were warm with good water color. The park to the pump house was the most productive.

Alot of boats out today which was a great sight to see! Good luck to all the rest of the derby!!

====================

ahh the old ""high and tight""( propwash) can be fun to stand there and watch it happen..sometime (not derby fishing) take the hooks off a stix gonna have poopy action but just watching a agressive fish trying to "kill it" is kida fun ,,sometimes when i run alone ill do this to play with the fishies... kinda like a cat and a string..whish i had a few videos some times it gets quite amusing watching this..With the price of gas tho I think the cat and local waters will be getting more of my attention ...... :(

Good stuff Jax! Glad you got the board back. As you know we had a similar situation on a turn just as the wind and hail peaked with a newbie driving and me on a big fish. I lost the fish in the fiasco! I got back to the creek and engine sounded funny. Called Tom Barbera and he checked it out immediately. The 30 year old water pump bit the dust. Tom got one (on clearance, NICE) and planned to install Saturday. That left me to fish in the Crestliner Saturday. We did 16-18 fish Saturday mostly at Lighthouse. Stopped at the Tank after the trip and Tom was working on the install. Got the call Sat that it was all good and back on the Tank for Sunday. We took a slow pick from Sandy to Lighthouse boating 6 or 7 and losing a few along the way. We did another 6 or 7 at lighthouse, including a nice 8# Atlantic. Had Matt take a pic with me and Sarah who brought the fish in but no pic on the camera? Whats wrong with you Matt?? Ended the day at Cowsucker 12/16. Crazy mojo working on Friday but all's well now. Thank Tom!! and the steering is SWEET! Tank