Looking for some assistance on Jigging for Lakers on the Bar

I am finishing rehabing a 17 1/2 Bluefin openbow and I would love to know how guys tackle the Lakers at the mouth of the Niagara River.... Seen the guys out killing the Lakers in the past.... Just wondering if anybody has any techniques and tackle that I can learn.... Thanks..... Woody.

Start in front of the green can and drift. If you have an electric bow mount ....even better. Try to stay over your bait verticle to avoid snaggs. Jig with minnow, or three-way rig with a small spinner blade with worm harness floating bodies with a minnow, or three-way rig with a kwickfish. The tailout near the green can is like a tailout of a stream. As you move closer to the can, the bottom will come up quick! Raise your baits as you come up onto the bar 12-13'....continue the drift a little longer past the can, and then pull lines and do it again.

Jack that was very helpful... Good video of the River....

Gill, Last spring we trailered up to the Fort and put in there during the LOC.. There was a ton of boats that must have been doing that drift out past the Green Can.... Is there a special set that you personally like doing that drift... I have been told that Copper or silver kwikfish or Storm Hot and tots.... Thanks Woody

Woody, I prefer the jig/minnow because it means light spin tackle. Sometimes you have to put a stinger hook on to catch nippers. Check lines often as zebra shells will fray your line. The fight these lakers put up in the oxygen rich water of the Niagara flow is a whole different fish than the boots you drag up with trolling gear.