Date(s): 6/27/11

Time on Water: 6:15-10 am

Weather/Temp: warm, sunny

Wind Speed/Direction: light and variable

Waves: none

Surface Temp: 62-65

Total Hits: 5

Total Boated:4

Species Breakdown: mixed bag- a brown, a steelie, a laker, a skipper king and rip on the dipsey that was probably a bigger king

Hot Lure: all spoons took one fish, a shot on a kelly green prochip with atomik green fly

Boat Depth: 60-180

Lure Depth: 30-70 down

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Did another short morning before work today- I went to bed last night with visions of big brownies dancing in my head, only to not find any takers in tight.... The screen actually looked decent in there, mostly bait with a few fish too, but it was really calm and bright from the start. At about 8 am (after hearing some bleak reports in tight), I worked out to over 100, where the screen still had alot of bait but also a bunch of fish. They were mostly high, consistently 30-70 down. After progressively moving all my stuff higher, I finally got a go at 8:30 on a 180 dipsey with dodger/fly, a good rip that was likely a teen king (but who knows really). Then it was a brown on a 60 rigger on a mag NK watermelon, followed by a skipper king on a DW reg green gator slider on the 55 rigger. After that, we got a big fat steelhead on a 55 rigger mainline with a silver/gold NK with a big red eye. On the troll back in, I noticed a BUNCH of big hooks on the bottom just west of the channel in 100-120 FOW, and dropped a rigger with a NK mag seasick waddler down to 112, which immediately took a nice laker. If I had more time, we could have annhilated lakers I am sure...

Absoletly no pattern to anything today. No rig took more than one fish, and I caught fish in 120, 140, 160, 140 and 110 FOW from Boller to the channel. I think they may start setting up soon, and the screen did look quite nice. Better days to come (at least on the king front).

Hope this helps, and good luck to all.

Abe

IMAG0223.jpg