I felt like a genious last week. This week "Nothing"

Does fishing get harder in mid and late summer? I've been catching 15-25 pounders up until last weekend. Now nothing. Is it the heat? Is it the Sun? Is my boat incapable of going slow enough? I record 2.5 mph on my fishhawk. Is anyone else running into NO FISH or is it getting better for you? Why does one get shakers? I was out Sunday, Monday and today (July 19/2011) and it seems like all I get now is a one 1 lb king shaker each time I go out. Then I drag it around for who knows how long before I decide to change lures or check for tangles. I'm assuming dragging around a shaker probably dosn't help with future hits.

I've been fishing downrigger and dipseys with spoons mostly, NK's, Slammers, Evil Eyes. I'm afraid to fish Dodger/fly because of my lack of knowledge, speed, set-up, etc. Everytime I use them I feel like i'm scaring more then attracting. I'm fishing in 48-55 Temps at about 30-40 Ft down in about 100-120 ft just off the Scarborough Bluffs. I record fish deeper at 70-90 ft but record low 30 temps when I go down there and never get any hits but I hear other people do.

It seems funny but all the "NO FISH/ONLY SHAKERS" started to happen when I changed my lines late last week. I also added in-line swivels about 2 ft from lure swivel. Can anyone help me catch more fish. What am I doing wrong? I must have the cleanest lures on the lake.

O-Yah...I'm going to sound like a real lost cause, maybe I am, but I can't seem to record bottom on my fishfinder. Is there any one main reason a fishfinder can't record bottom but it records everything else?

Thanks for any help.

Dtanna

(I Love Fishin...I just don't get it somtimes)

If you changed something and the bites stopped I would change it back!! You speed sounds ok.. Put a flasher, E-chip or spin dr on the dipsie with a fly and set it out. Make sure the spoon your running will all run at the speed your trolling at. All spoons won't work at the same speeds.

I have a small boat and usuallly run 4 rods . Two dipsies with flashers and flies and 2 riggers with either spoons or more flashers and flies.. Depending on what is working that day. Speed from 2.2 to 3.0 depending

Hi Big Dave.

Is that speed at the lure? Because once I get to that speed at my lure it seems like the boat is gonna stall out.

Is the 2 Downrigger/2 Dipsey set-up mainly for smaller boats? I have a 21.5'. I guess you stagger them on the rod holders...I Downrigger, 1 Dipsy, etc.. What length of leads do you use?

I'm assuming you run a temp probe. Do you always fish the proper temps?

I hope I'm not asking too much and Thanks,

Dtanna

If you're hitting skippies, try dropping your lures deeper. Also I iusually fish wherever I mark fish as they are not always in temp. If you constantly mark fish below temp, measure the temp 1 foot down on your probe and compare to a thermometer... Your probe might need to be adjusted.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png