What's the difference between mercury sea pro mercuryoptimax

That's weird, Do they say Saltwater on the sides in blue writing? If so those are geared toward Saltwater enviroments and I have seen them on alot on center consoles down south (some up here) and have some different parts in them to prevent corrortion they probably have a flush on them as well. If it's a direct injected 2 stroke DI it's an Opti. What does your cowling say.

That's weird, Do they say Saltwater on the sides in blue writing? If so those are geared toward Saltwater enviroments and I have seen them on alot on center consoles down south (some up here) and have some different parts in them to prevent corrortion they probably have a flush on them as well. If it's a direct injected 2 stroke DI it's an Opti. What does your cowling say.

The motors are on a CC, they do have flush fittings on them , as far as on the sides just says mercury.

If they have flush fitting motors and they say "sea" in the serial numbers you basically have a Saltwater version of an Optimax.

They usually look like this. Blue stickers means salt, red is freshwater, you have some corrortion resistant pieces parts in your motor made for harsh salt enviroments the dead giveaway is the flush. My motor doesn't have that and non of my friends Opti's do either.

merc225_opti_salt.jpg