Need advice on planning a trip

My fishing buddy wants to come up sometime in the coming months to do some salmon fishing. I am not sure what the best plan is and I would like your thoughts. We have a couple options the way I see it. We don't have a boat or the $$ to spend on a charter right now, but we would be open to renting a small boat. Are there options for that that would allow for salmon fishing in the Rochester area? Irondequoit bay looks interesting to me, I believe there is a boat rental service on the bay--what options would we have there for salmon fishing? If we go that route, I would think any time now through the end of August would be good right? The other option is to wait for the salmon run in the tributaries and fish there. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Jake

Jake,

Although it might take a lot of coordinating and I don't know where your fishing buddy is coming from or how flexible he or she is but you might want to try a post in the trade a trip forum - viewforum.php?f=25 and I'm not quite sure what the rules are on buying an LOC derby ticket but might be a good idea to pick up one of those a lot of guys won't take you out unless you have a derby ticket. Good luck if I had a bigger boat and fished the big lake more I would extend an invite.

Tom