Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished out of Sandy Monday evening from about 5:30 till dark.To my suprize the lake temps were still pretty good after the big blow Sunday. :yes: Set up in about 80Fow heading north, Before i was set up the 90 down rigger fires with a Screamer...theis came on NBK spin/doc with a hammer fly.This fished ripped a ton of line then decided to turn back towards the boat and then gone! :@ Next the other rigger i had set down 90ft fires pulling a DW s/s Lemon Ice . This fish ran and ran some more then next thing i hear is "S*&T IT'S GONE"!! :@ Now that was the secound major dumped in about 20 mins.We kept hitting the area that we hit these 2 fish and marked lots of bait and fish.The next pass we made the 250 wire diver starts screaming so i finally take the rod saying this one isnt going any where!!!This was on the glow frog dipsy pulling the crome mnt. dew spin/doc with the mirage fly.Faught this fish for a good wile then you know it, the damn thing came unbuttoned! :@ At this point in didnt know what to do besides :beer: and keep trying!We made are turn and came back through and sure enough sreaming real on the other wire.I pick the rod up and just hold on, this was a good one!Knowing that i cant loose this one i give the fish lots of drag ! Not to much but enough to not pull the hook out of it's face.Then the worst thing that could have happend did happen!! I could feal on of the rigger lines sliding on the wire. B4 i could get it cleared major # 4 GONE!!Never have i ever lost that many good fish that quick!I Know that it wasnt due to the hooks not being sharp because this year i have started sharping them almost every time they go back in the water.Maybe snubbers on the dipsy's..?But i only had 30lb flouro with me and did not want to take a chance of loosing the fish plus more.We did manage a nice stealhead about 10lbs, a 8 lb brown, and a bunch of skipper kings.Better luck Wendsday when i hit that spot again, we did also see a king jumping about 8 ft out of the water in 150fow several times.Pretty neat...

Matt

-Jakey Baby-

These fishes' mouths get hard right before the spawn. Not uncommon to see your hook-to-land ratio go South this time of year. Pull out the file, and every time one hits say a little prayer :D