A friend of mine lives only a few hundred yards from Cobourg creek, & caught a few 2 weeks ago. Cobourg Creek is now stocked with Atlantics, although I've not heard of any being caught. Last weekend, Kings were porpoising at the mouth of the Ganny, only 6 miles to the west, where several browns were also caught. Once Oct. comes, there are still good runs of fall steelhead in Cobourg creek, just not too many holes to fish them.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we hit Cobourg Creek the weekend of Sept, 17th and 18th. The creek was full of fall run Kings. We got a total of 3. The first fish was nailed within 30 seconds of gettin our line in the water. A lot of people fishing this small creek which made finding a spot somewhat difficult. Many fishing being taken. On the very last day I saw a guy land a nice fall run female brown trout. On the scale it ended up weighing in at 14 Lbs 11 ounces, whatta fish. We also did some float fishing up the creek north of the railroad tracks. We ended up cathing some of the stocked Atlantic Salmon. These we are baby fish and were only about 12-14 inches long. Keeping these little guys is illegal and all were released back into the creek. We ended up getting 8 of these little guys. It made for an interesting weekend. Here are a few pics of our trip.

Brown_Trout_14_Lbs_11_oz_Cobourg_Creek_Sept_16_2011.jpg

Baby_Atlantic_Salmon_Cobourg_Creek_Sept_17_2011.jpg

King_Salmon_Cobourg_Creek_Sept_2011.jpg