Species Breakdown:1 King, 3 Steelies

Hot Lure: SS DW Yellow Belly Wood Pecker

Trolling Speed:2.7-3.1

Down Speed: 2.6-3.1

Boat Depth: Shoreline to 480

Lure Depth:38-76

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================Final trip of the year, i haven't been posting my trips lately because I have been work n allot of overtime and stacking fire wood and i got a baby coming in December. But we have been getting all my friends and family out every weekend since the derbies have ended. We really have been after those big fall kings in tight but man we never even moved a rod in there. I don't understand two years ago we did great in there and last year and this year we never even boated a fall run king. So I have been taking my friends and family offshore for those steelhead. We did very well on steelhead just about everyone i took out was at least able to get a trout. We started the season out so good fishing for Kings and man the last month i have really stunk. Just glad the trout have been cooperative. I am posting pics from the last few weeks of friends and family. Well the boat ran great, put two fish on the board they did not stick but non the less that was are goal for this year. Learned allot this year and i got over twenty different people out on the big O. It feels like just yesterday when i said this last year. Take care all members of LOU thanks for your tips and info. Good luck deer hunting and have a wonderful holiday season and safe snowmobile season. See you all in April.

019.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

023.jpg

Kooter, The fall king fishing had been difficult the last couple of years out of the Oak. I believe this mostly comes with currents and water temps being all over the place the last 2 years. One day you can fill the boat and the next day a rod will not move no matter what you do. July was a very hot month for the Kings this year and after that it really slowed down with a couple of hot days.

I always start early for the kings and then head for the awesome steelie action that the Oak provides. Biggest this year was 17.04# spring loc steelie winner.

I remember just a few years ago have 30 fish days for the fall kings however, the last couple years your throwing everything at them for a hit or two. Some people will tend to think it was just them however there were several other captains who had the same luck as us.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i took so long i have been busy and lack of fishing due to deer season :lol: but i have been pounding them on spin doctors and troling flies and minnow pluggs and spoons but i also been fishing from first light i mean like half our of dark on and killing them at dusk and the plugs are red and white and the flies and sd all different colors spoons everything but speed is key (slow slower than normal like 2) and once you hit one keep in the area there will be more but now remember the sport of salmon fishing is growing so the biggest thing i have learned is that when all the other boats come over hugging you stay to the outside of them they seem to push the fish to the deep so thats where you will catch them happy hooking good luck and in like 30 fow i would frow all different depths and planer boards and dipsy work amazingsalmon are very spooky in shallow

• 3 months later...

Hey guys sorry for the super late response. I was busy deer hunting and that was followed by me becoming a proud Poppa of a healthy baby boy. :D And then of course the holiday season and my work has now slowed down for the winter. :beer: So yup already thinking fishing on the Big O, seeing how snowmobiling season has been a HUGE disappointment :@ . But anyway making my wishlist with all the gear catalogs coming in the mail. And just sent my cannon thermal probe out to get a new feet sensor put in it. Smaltcody man nice job on the kings bud sounds like you really had it going on out there. I tried pretty much everything you suggested and just couldn't get one to fire i still got allot to learn. Thank you for sharing those tips i appreciate it. This is going to be are first year fishing with real planer boards. We are very excited, every time i had the money to purchase everything something else would break. Hope everyone is having a nice winter and all is well. SPRING is a coming and we will be fishing for those browns before we know it. Some cold weather and a big snow storm would be nice. :)

Congrats Koot! That's 3 more rods in the water. He he he! I'm bumbed on the no snow deal as well. Got one 22mile run in on the sled before the 6 in of snow we got melted. It was just enough speed fix to tide me over till drag race season. One thing I noticed that a few people hammered salmon on in closer that is consistent with what Smaltcody said, is red stuff. I get a little hung up on my greens and blues and have never pulled out my red stuff. This year they'll get wet. Again congrats Poppa. Hope to run across you up at the Oak sometime this yr. :beer:

Thanks fellas, ya its pretty cool having a little guy he is trip and is starting to smile. Really puts things in perspective as far as whats important in life. He likes to stare at my walleye and bass on the wall so i think we are off to a good start. And i am glad to see i wasn't the only one who was having a tough time last fall. Poverty Stricken 2 nice steelie holy smokes 17 lbs is huge. And buck board i agree man i also get stuck on my greens and purples and i really don't have much reds either so definitely going to keep that in mind for next fall. I see there are already guys out fishing by the sounds of some of the posts that's pretty cool :D Im going to wait for April 1 or so. Been coyote hunting for something to do and getting my dogs ready for shed hunting so take care everyone and yup three more rods good thing were getting planer boards :D