Cobourg Creek Steelhead, how is the fishing?

Hello fellow fisherman/woman,

I am curious to know if anyone has been float fishing Cobourg Creek (Factory Creek) or the Ganny for Steelies / Bows and how has the fishing and conditions been? Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Red Hammer

Although I have not fished Cobourg Creek yet this year, I went shore fishing yesterday for the first time on a small trib 20 miles east of Cobourg. While I was there, I talked to several anglers who dropped by, filling me in on earlier trips. The first major run was Feb 6 at Barnham House Creek, so there was probably a run also in Cobourg Creek. Reports I got stated that Shelter Valley Creek was holding a lot of fish already. While fishing yesterday, I only had one hit from 8:00 until noon, as the creek was backed up with the mouth closed, allowing only a small trickle flowing under the rocks. With the pressure building, & 10 minutes with a shovel, the creek opened up big time about 12:30, with the flow going several hundred yards staight out. Let the fun begin. There were only 2 of us until 3:00 when 2 friends that I called showed up. Everyone was into fish. I personally landed 5, but lost many others. Most were 7-10#, but I had one hen that went close to 12 lb., & safetly returned to spawn. In total, there were about a dozen landed, but more than twice that lost. But I did keep one hen about 4 lb. for some eggs, & was amazed at how big & mature the eggs were for this time of year. And Cobourg Creek has a much bigger run than the trib I was fishing, so there should be a lot of fish. Time to get out there !! Should be good