Canandaigua Lake ramp re open deadline

THE FOLLOWING IS A REPRINT FROM THE DAILY MESSENGER

Canandaigua, N.Y. —

Boaters hoping to head into Canandaigua Lake for a day of fishing or frolic when the warm weather arrives this spring won’t be able to do it at the state boat launch site.

The $632,000 project to renovate the boat-launch ramps at Canandaigua Lake State Marine Park, originally projected to be finished by Jan. 1 — may not be complete until summer, said Peter Fry, the senior landscape architect for the Finger Lakes bureau of the state parks department.

The contract completion date was always June 1, Fry said, though contractors estimated the park could reopen in January.

The thought of reopening the boat launch by the beginning of the year was “overly optimistic,†he said.

The construction project involves demolishing and reconstructing the boat launch ramps to improve boat access and safety.

There has been design changes in the project since the original timeline was created, Fry said. This has delayed completion of the project from that initial estimate.

The general contractor on the project is Patrick Constructors, Inc. in Canandaigua. They have not requested a time extension to the June 1 deadline, Fry said.

A spokesperson from Patrick Constructors declined to comment.

WE SUGGEST YOU CONTACT THE NYS DEC, YOUR CONGREESMAN, THE CITY OF CANANDAIGUA, PATRICK CONSTRUCTION, GOVERNOR CUOMO AND LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS !!!!

ramp.jpg

from the picture they aren't even putting in more slips, just pissing money away. The ones that were there were probably some of the best on the fingerlakes. The money should of been used to fix up some that are actually in bad shape and close to closing down, like Sampson State Park!

from the picture they aren't even putting in more slips, just pissing money away. The ones that were there were probably some of the best on the fingerlakes. The money should of been used to fix up some that are actually in bad shape and close to closing down, like Sampson State Park!

Amen.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 1 month later...

Big waste of time and money. Not even putting in more ramps. There was nothing wrong with it in the first place.That will plug woodville right full. Most big boats wont be able to launch. Way to shallow. Most people will be backing there trailers over the end of the concrete. :no:

Ah, that's exactly what I must of done this past Sat. I couldn't really feel it but I need to find out where the concrete pad ends. I guess it must not go in too far as I pulled my boat out with a smashed light and license holder. Woodville is real shallow.

Ah, that's exactly what I must of done this past Sat. I couldn't really feel it but I need to find out where the concrete pad ends. I guess it must not go in too far as I pulled my boat out with a smashed light and license holder. Woodville is real shallow.

Some people put a little dot with spay bomb to mark the end of crete. just a friendly reminder to boaters backing in. seen one guy with a pontoon trailer back over it at Honeoye years ago. 4 wheel drive and smoking his tires.Trying to get out nobody had a chain or tow strap. Hopefully the weather gets better so we all can fish. :beer: