Niagara Bar 9/8

Guest ReelDiel

Guest ReelDiel

Let the stacking begin........actually things started slow. NW wind with steady 3's from 7-noon we only managed 6 bites all nice fish. My first timers landed the first and lost the next five within 20-30 feet of the boat each time. A little frustarating to say the least....well from noon till 3 they turned it around landing 8 of the next 12 all majors. Multiple fish easily pulled 400' plus on the wires. One took on of my rigger rods almost empty. Magic no. was 86 down...you guessed it white on white or green monkeypuke mags. Ended the day 9 for 18 smallest was 15lb. biggest was a hair over 23. The lake laid down to a nice 1/2 foot chop at noon when the wind began to switch from NW to NE and the bite really took off! I know some guys who slept real good that night :lol:

Guest ReelDiel

Erin, up until that trip they have taken fish all year. i had the best luck with them off my dipseys...2 of the 3 are in pretty rough shape but i swear they work better that way.

Mike I also read that some people use a green dolphin stinger with a orange ladder back on them.And that looks like the spoon we bought.I used one we bought this spring and almost all of the paint is off of it I didn't get a chance to get in another trip this year( :(:( ) but I can't wait until next spring when I come back to the BAR :D and use them again.