Seneca lake saturday

Got to the boat before 6am to rig for the 1st charter of the season - to make a long story short they were a no show - grrrr - So me and the first mate finished installing the new planer board rigs and support beam - While we were finishing up the repairs we watch this guy in a small aluminium boat flat line C. creek he hooked a fish under the bridge and being by himself he couldn't steer - he bounced off half the docks and boats in the area and when he was going to hit my swim platform I gave him alittle push to get him out to open water in the middle of the channel ( which he thank me for) the fish jump. He had his hands full but managed to net the fish after about 10 minutes - it was pretty funny to watch this play out out from my stern about 12 feet out. It was a big land lock about 12 lbs - nice fish. The point here is he caught this flat lining in the creek. The marina people also told me today that they saw all sort of big fish around their gas dock first thing in the morning.

Well me and the mate went out around 8 am and rigged for 6 lines we did (1) 17 inch land lock on west side north of the salt mine - most the radio traffic was mentioning how slow the fishing was - 1 or 2 fish per boat and they were out much earilier than us. WE did nothing more after the first fish - marked bait north of the salt mine in several places - no fish thought - mark nothing in the middle or east side - we quit at 1 pm because we sprung a leak - the bilge pumps started to kick on - checked the bilge and lok around and it was leaking around the starboard exhaust where it passes thru the transom - I had the marina pull me out and hope to be back in next week end.

Capt Paul