map chips for fingerlakes

zackblain

Looking to upgrade my graph on my boat to a new hbird 597ci hd so I can get gps to mark spots. I've been wondering if I should opt for the slightly smaller screened 587ci hd so I could afford to get the Navionics premium east map card. I fish honeoye,canadice, and hemlock 90% of the time which are pretty much featureless bowls. All of these maps are listed on their site but don't show up as the "hd" maps. Do you think I would benefit from a map chip or would the money be better spent elsewhere

My plan of attack would be to start with the bigger screen and save for the add on map chip later. Once you get the unit, you're bascially stuck with it, and the larger screen ones are better (think its a higher resolution too, if I recall correctly) and obviously easier to view from a longer distance.

That said, the unimap they come with is useless. Yes you will be able to mark your spots either way, but having the map is really nice becuase I don't think the unimap even has an outline of the lakes on it. Most of the lakes I fish regularly aren't in HD but having the basic contour and outline is helpful. And when you do fish a lake with the HD mapping...WOW

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png