Hot Lure: green SD with glow fly on dipsy and NBK on rigger

Trolling Speed: 1.9-3.3

Down Speed: ???

Boat Depth: 175-210

Lure Depth: 275-300 of diver and 70 & 100 fow on riggers

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Today made me realize how bad I need a downspeed reading and temp. Just havent invested in one yet...but the currents were insane. I was all over the place on speed over ground. running 3.0+ and you can tell your lines are not pulling that hard, cause the current down below is at your back. other times your running 2.1 and the lines are pulling like mad, as you go into the current. I did notice the best trolls were south or east....west and north were not really getting hits. Dispy were hit hard first 90 minutes, then went dead and the riggers started to go after 9am. Nothing big to write home about, but nice to be on the water. Sea fleas were still there, but finally swithed to the 30lb big game on the riggers and that helped. Divers were loaded though!!! Anyways.....hope everyone had a good morning!!!! :)

Nice Report ,Reel intense!

I was outta Hugh's that same morning. I just installed a Moor this year and it really came in handy yesterday! I could not believe how fast I needed to troll when headed west. I don't have a GPS yet but my lowrance graph said I was doing 4.10 mph just ta do 2.25 a hundred feet below! Felt like I was racing. For a few moment I was sure if i should believe my gauges. Then the Rods started popping! Without the probe, I would have never trolled that fast. Make sure ya get one on your wishlist!

I too noticed the fishing got hotter as the morning wore on.

Ended up 6 for 12. biggest was 18.8 king on a slider.

Zern/Mark

Boat name: Buckshot

Mark,

I probably saw you at some point...I liked the east troll and was just short of making it to Hughes at one point. :rofl: Alot of boats were trolling from Ginna to Pultneyville from what I could see, along that 180depth line.

and YEAH definately need that subroll. I have been fishing for years with a buddy that has one and when I got my boat last summer, too much money went into all that other stuff....like riggers, rods and tackle. ;) Yesterday I knew I needed it when I started trolling south and my lines were going west. Just had no clue how fast to go....hit about 3.3+ a few times and was just skiddish about going faster. But I think my hits (and hookups) would have been higher if I had a clue what was going on 100feet down.

Nice king BTW.....always fun a big fish on the slider and rigger line. All our big kings this year have been diver rods or leadcore...been waiting for a screamer on my rigger....totally different feel!

Hope to see you out there.....I'm on Channel 9 most times.

Jason