Hot Lure: Silver/Green Echip / Green Crinkle Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.0 - 3.5

Down Speed: 2.0- 2.6

Boat Depth: 120 - 250

Lure Depth: 80 - 150

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

What a weekend. started Friday morning with a short trip but awesome action. We ended up 2 for 4 in just 2 hours and the higlight was Dad's biggest fish to date. just over 43" and 28 pounds plus on the boat scale. this fish came on the port dipsy out 276 over 135.

dad_6_22.jpg

Headed out Friday evening with high hopes and was not disappointed. Found best water was 150-170 range and went 4 for 7 in just 2.5 hours. this trip was highlighted when while fighting a fish on the startboard dipsy the port dipsy fired and we are now doubled up :clap: with just two of us in the boat and both fighting fish on the dipsys i made the mistake and opened my mouth and said we are screwed if a rigger fires then within 30 seconds there goes one of the riggers. I made sure the fish was hooked and with my dipsey out 600 feet I put that rod in a holder and worked on the rigger fish. we landed the rigger fish a 15 pound lake trout, and went back to my dipsy fish now out 970 on the wire. my partner landed his fish a nice 14 pound Coho, and we concentrated on my fish. we ended up getting the fish all the way to the boat when there was a netting issue and this fish wrapped around a rigger line and off it went. :devil: it looked every bit as big as Dad's fish from the morning but I will never now the actual weight. Ended up with a couple other nice Cohos and a mid teen King to round out the night.

I took Saturday morning off and headed out Staurday Afternoon for a solo trip. went 3 for 3 .I found that the NW Blow had moved temp out and WAY DOWN. best water for me was the 190 - 240 range with all three hits coming off starboard rigger down 140' with a silver Green Echip Green Crinkle fly. all Kings in the low teen range with the last one in the mid teens.

Sunday morning I felt pretty confident that i could find the fish from my waypoints the night before. as usual it wasnt that easy. While setting up the second rigger in 180 FOW and only the probe rigger in dad yells FISH, and we landed a decent laker around 12 pounds. I thought this is going to be a great day with a fish in the first 10 minutes. i continued setting the spread and we started in search mode. we didnt move a rod for over an hour and I found one small pocket in 240 feet that from 8 - 9:30 we ended up going 5 for 8 with a mix of small kings, and one good high teen king. Temps were in the basement and all fish came off riggers down 140-150, dipsys out 376 - 410.

Overall a challenging weekend with the change in weather, wind, and temp, but a great weekend especially for June.