Final '07 Missdemeanor report

Went out at 0'dark 30 and blew past the combat trollers. We started in 80 ft and found the Temperature was down around 60-65 ft. We had 4 Kings (teens) and another rip. All 4 fish were on glow spoons(fishlander cotton candy, NK wonder bread). We picked up and headed North west out to around 200. Picked up 6 more kings. No real big ones, but the teenages put up nice fights. We ended up 10 for 11 and at the dock by 11:30. Now comes the fun part........Soteing all the stuff and yankin her out of the water.

The one thing I'm convinced about is the " Less is more" concept. What I mean is, when the fish are diving out of your riggers and are refusing to hit, Try running less riggers. Today I ran 4 riggers, a wire dipsey and a 10 color. When I noticed the fish diving, I only ran 2 riggers with pinned cheaters. Thant was the ticket for me today. The mupped Wonder Bread NK was the cat's pajamas.

Well its off to get ready for waterfowl season, and of course get ready to chase some Muskies. Have a great winter boys and I'm sure I'll see you in the spring............Matt French

nice final report. Nothing like having a last day on water like that. i was out Thursday but did not have much luck, we hung in tight for awhile, went out to 100 fow and had 1 ripper on the green krinkle fly on the wire but that was it. lost the probe so was blind to what speed and temp I had out there.

If you see my cousin Chuck R at work give him a slap for me.

Matt nice report and good tip. I should have tried that on Friday. I went out in the AM with 2 friends out of Sandy. Had a good day too 5 of 8 with 1 nice big king (all be it brown as mud) but a great great fight. Set up in front of the creek at about 6:15 am and had a double in about 15 minutes "they" lost the first one but landed the other above mentioned fish.

I wanted to go to the depths but we decided to stay in front for about an hour. The last time out my GPS had stopped working so I thought it was just a plug that had come and sure enough that was the case so I plug it in :D . The depth/fish finder unit all of a sudden say it is reloading information. Then the screen goes blank :shock: . It turns on but no screen :x. We try turning it off and on several times but nothing. I could hear the menus coming up but no screen. Now I'm :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: because I'm not sure of how far I need to travel since I've only been out that deep 1 other time. So I look out north and see a boat way out there and decide I'll go out and ask them what kind of depth they have where they are and I find none other than .... JAX :shock: :D:D:D > he tells me it's 225feet, I say I'm heading out further and he soon follows so then I have some info to go by. Well we both catch fish and it turns out to be a great day over all except for the $90 I have to pay for my unit to get reset. We even called Hummingbird while we were out there hoping they could walk me through it but we tried and she was nice but no luck ;(

Well we got 3 steelies in the 8-10lb range and 1 about 2lbs that was as cute as a button. All the fish came on the riggers all at 73 ft down over I'm guessing here about 450-500 feet. Silver streak NBK's took a couple Purple /silver/glow R&R took 1 and a modified orange crush that I like to call my Tony Stewart spoon took one. Had 1 hit on the wire but lost it quickly.

That's was it I hope to hit it Sunday evening. Used my hand held GPS to mark a spot so I can get out there again. Talked with one other guy that stayed out front when we went out and came in when we did at 1pm and he got 5 kings.