Rod Help

Hi guys, still very new to this. We are in the process of gathering gear to set up our boat (if it ever arrives). We picked up four Shimano TDR-80MH2B rods and Okuma Convector 45s for them.

My question is on the rods, did I get the right ones? They are med heavy power and Med fast action. We will be running two riggers and two dipsies for now. I would prefer to use the same line on all if I can (suggestions?)

I havent removed the wrapping so i can still exchange them no problem.

One thing i love about targetting a new species, it makes you feel like a kid again when you are just not sure. adds a bit of adventure to it lol

Thanks in advance for your advice

I like okuma 10 ft. dipsey rods. They did a great job. The okuma 8 ft. 6 rigger rods are nice too. The great thing about okuma is the price. there very affordable....

PS. i run braid on my dipseys and don't have a big problem. They just need to be checked and cleaned occasionally. I also spray the braid with reel magic or silicone, which helps a bit..but wire is probably the way to go. just don t kink it or yank too hard. and make sure the crimps are tight(or however you ll attach the mono)