Late Owasco Report with picture!

Fished the lake hard this weekend. Battled high winds cold temps, and some fair sized waves for a smaller lake. That being said we struggled to catch fish. Finally made it out late Friday after waiting for the lake to calm down around 5:30 and fished until 6:30. Caught 3 small lakers in short order, the first fish hit my rigger while the rod was still in my hand. Saturday spent the day with my brother father and cousin. We threw everything we had at them, (jigging and trolling) literally emptied the tackle boxes. No luck at all until just before dark, took a beautiful 18 inch rainbow on a 7 color core and Sutton spoon compliments of Irishbailey. It seems the rainbows are starting to make a come back which is awesome news! Saw lots of bass boats out, I assumed a club tourney. Anyone have any information on the results?

Unfortunately he had the hook deep so we kept him.

rainbow.jpg

Heck, I did not see you.

I was out on Sunday and caught 2 browns and 5 lakers. If you have trouble fishing because of the wind,just go in the direction where the wind comes from.With a strong southern wind,fish the southern parts and when the wind comes from the north fish the north .that way the waves are easily managed. If you use lead core,try to get some saw bellies and drag them over the outcroppings. If you know where the launch is that connects to Scipio Center Road,you should go there and go up and down the outcropping just north of that launch. You will need a good depth finder because there is a hole just east of it that is 140 feet deep. Stay just west of that hole on the edge at about 50 to 80 feet and work 8 or 10 color core with a saw belly at +/_ 2mph .that usually gets the catch up to well over a dozen.

N42 47 684

W76 30 042.

Go that spot and you will find out what I mean. Or if you want to stay closer to home,go to the tip of long point and take a bearing of 225 degrees true for 0.92 miles and, just as you come from 120 to 80 fow go in and out to 60 and back out to 80 (that often means a straight line as the depth goes in and out) while aiming south. That is a great just after sunrise spot when the lakers come back in from the central lake.

If you want to go real deep after monsters, go from long point at 200 degrees and you will hit a hole that is about 180 feet deep .find them there and run over them with your leadcore and saw belly,then stop and allow the core to sink way down to close to the bottom and stop and go for a few seconds like that a few times.

Good Luck.