Canandaigua Canandaigua - 11/20/12

Did a final trip to the lake yesterday to give my stands and my a.. a break, and to winterize the boat.

Nice morning on the lake while it lasted. Did 3 avg. sized lakers in just over an hour running the meat rig :yes: before my kicker started to act up :no: . After running "flawlessly" to start, I turned it off to land what I thought was "the big one" (turned out to be a 21" wrapped up, being pulled in sideways :lol: ) Upon re-starting the kicker, it would run for 10-15 seconds then just cut out. IDK, probably a fuel issue, so I called it a season. Hopefully I will have it figured out by March.

BTW- the new floating docks have been removed, but the handicap dock is still there and worked fine for my 17 footer. Also the channel was 1.9' deep at its shallowest point, most of it was about 2.3' deep.

Good luck to everyone still on the water or out in the woods!

LTtroller
(Bob)

Bob,

I couldn't tell from the description of your trolling motor whether is was an older one with carb or newer with injectors. MY older 9.9 did the same thing and I added some carburator cleaner and Stabil to the gas and ran it awhile and it has run fine since. I have used regular gas with triple strength marine Stabil (with the 10 percent ethanol gas despite everyones precautionary advice) for years.

Les

Hi Les.

My kicker is a 5.5hp Johnson sea-horse, 1966 vintage. Gas is about 2 months old w/startron added to it. Hopefully it is just some bad gas. I will try some fresh, non-ethonal gas first and go from there.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

LTtroller

(Bob)

Bob,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well and good luck with the motor....on the upside they really made the motors to LAST back then :>)

Les