Had a 1/2 day in the afternoon so got on the water around 1pm.  Started from Sandy headed east in 9-12 FOW with planers and sticks but nothing.  Worked out to about 40 FOW and marked a lot but again - nothing.  Went out to 120 worked into 90 and got into the lakers right on the bottom at 90 FOW with orange spoons.  

First time going after browns - I think you need to hit them in the morning.  Anyone ever have luck in the evening on them? 

I also think you need a little bit of a mud or color in the water - is this correct? Water was crystal clear on Thurs.  At least we got a couple lakers but really wanted to hit some browns.

I also think you need a little bit of a mud or color in the water - is this correct? Water was crystal clear on Thurs.  At least we got a couple lakers but really wanted to hit some browns.

That clear water makes for tough Brown fishing! Long leads and fluorocarbon leaders will help. Cold, clean, clear water = tough day inside. 

I have had good success in afternoons in clear and cloudy skies. The key for my luck seems to be when the water is stirred up from wave action. I think they avoid the very clear water. Also seems they run very shallow in such conditions. 6 FOW has been very productive. I am usually the only boat in that shallow. But ive pulled limits in under an hour. With the cloudy water, a bait with aggressive action seems to produce. The trout are full of small 3" or so gobies. I try to mimic that with a chartreuse or blue bait.