Oneida Lake Walleye Tourney - two dates

I fished in the inaugural Oneida Lake Team Walleye Trail tourney last year and had a blast. This year they are doing two dates, and will be a qualifier for the Cabala's NTC (not sure what it is, but sounds like it's a big national walleye deal).

Both tourneys will run out of Oneida Shores Park (Onondaga County). There is camping available at the park for folks that will be travelling.

Dates are June 9th and July 14th, with Rules meetings the evening before the tourney dates - last year they held the meetings at Gander Mountain.

Lots of sponsors this year, some of which Lou members will recognize, including Pro-Troll, Michigan Stinger, ReefRunner, Off Shore, and Northland.

They have prizes for total 5 fish weight, big fish and gave away a ton of door prizes, along with a nice cookout along with the weigh-ins.

I'm not a tournament fisherman, in fact that was my first, but I felt welcome and had a great time even though I didn't win anything. If you like fishing for walleyes on Oneida lake and want a good excuse to spend an extra day on the water with the potential to bring home some cash or nice door prizes, heat over to http://www.oneidawalleyes.com and get a registration form. 53 boats/teams entered last year's tourney, let's keep this thing going strong and see how many we can get this year.