memorial marathon walleyes and salmon

My brother and I are born one day apart and we try to do a fun outdoor event together every year to celebrate. We had birthdays thurs and fri of last week and because he turned sixty we decided to try something challenging, a marathon fishing trip for Walleys at night and then salmon the next morning.  The weather finally allowed Sunday night/Monday mornning.so we went walley fishing Sunday night on Erie and then after we quit we headed straight up to Wilson for some salmon fishing.  The winds on Erie were  supposed to calm down at 11PM but the ride from Dunkirk harbor was challenging to say the least, but the fishing was good.  Caught some nice walleyes but the bite was later than usual, I think the full moon took Water some time to get used to.  Things got prettiy hot between one and two AM when I actually got two walleyes on the same plug and my brother got one on his rod at the same time for our first ever two plug tripple! For those of you thinking of going out, the green snot weed is getting to be an issue so the days for this type of fishing are numbered.  Salmon fishing at Wilson was great the next morning.  We got a 21 ib salmon within 15 minutes of putting down, ( wire dipsy purple with chartruese mag spoon).  The bite was steady and we landed 4 kings, 22 lb the biggest and one coho.  We lost three screamer kings as well and headed back to harbor at 10:30.  The walleyes came in 6 ft of water on rapallas and the salmon at 80 ft down, green and yellow mag spoons mainly, only two hits on the spin doctor flies.,The wire dipsy or downrigger pretty even.  Never marked a fish, most bites around 180 ft deep NE of harbor.  If you do this marathon  make sure your well rested ahead of time, I was the driver and took a marathon nap sunday afternoon and my brother took cat naps on the ride and in the boat just in case I need a sub driving home.  All in all one unique and memorable trip; two great fishing trips on, two great lakes back to back: where else you gonna do something like that.  If your a sportsman, you got to love Western New York.