Left the dock a little after 5AM and had high hopes from all word that the Kings were in  town. Setup in about 160fow and trolled south ( Wasn't payin attention on the way out!) Moved into 120fow and the rigger fired and ended up being a 8lb Laker. Decided to turn back around and head north to get away from the lakers for awhile. Slid out to 250fow where we did good on Wednesday while I was fishing with Legacy. Got out there with a blank screen the whole way, we took two Stealhead while workin that area and dropped two others. Missed one and took the one strealhead on a 3 color core pullin a Purple Kavorkian stinger. The other stealhead took A NBK down 40. A short while later the center rigger fired with a 8-10lb King on the other end. That fish took an Nk Carmel Dolphin with disco later back. Not long latter that same combo fired and before I could get to it GONE!  Decided with a absolutely dead screen and a phone call to head back south! Got into 75 fow a finally marked bait, kept it on south troll and marked the bait into about 50fow. We had good temp, we Finally had bait, and we had fish! It was just a matter of time? After about 20 mins of working the 55-65 range  I was reseting the rigger the 100ft wire starts peelin!!  I jumped over the rods ran to the other side of the boat and GONE!!! Couldn't keep em buttoned and at about 10:30 we had to pull the plug. We ended up 4-7 and def was not the field day we thought we were in for!

Matt

-Jakey Baby-  

Nice report Matt. Don't feel bad about dropping fish. I was out of my mind last week when it was happening to me.. I was out last night and early in the eve we worked 200 ft and had a few good steelies and a 25 lb king. We then went into 80-100 and it was nuts until we pulled em.  A lot of fish and bait on the inside.