Newb in Hilton

Just bought a house on the lake in Hilton. I have a boat and a cheap pole and just started getting back into fishing. Really haven't fished much since I was a kid. Looking to get some info on where good spots are around me, what is good bait etc and hoping to meet some new people... Hello all!

Hopefully you added a few grand to the mortgage to cover boat expenses :thinking:     Just having started fishing the lake, I'm probably not much help, but that has never stopped me before.

If you are looking to fish the lake, the Sandy Creek public launch is a great place to start.   It's free, and big enough for all sized boats, and in your neighborhood.   

Of course, fishing the lake means you need rods, and riggers, and weights, and lures, and fish finders, and....did I mention you may need a 2nd mortgage?

Did you just move to Rochester, or are you familiar with the area?   Silver Lake, Honeoye, Canandaigua, etc are all great lakes to fish for anything from pike and bass to perch.   Guess it

all depends on what size boat you have, and what you want to do with it.   

This is a great site for info regarding almost all types of fishing, with a lot of good people willing to offer what help they can.  

I already dropped the boat in Sandy Creek and put it on my dock. I grew up on Rochester so I know my way around, but just learning out in the Hilton area. Looks like braddocks Bay Area has a few cool places to start at. When I drive on the parkway I see a bunch off little off shoots off the lake that I wanna get dirty in lol.

As far as the boat goes its not a fishing boat, it's an old 17 foot open now Bayliner. She isn't much and you can barely even move in a little bit of waves but I usually stick around here. I will probably stay local around my area or as far as the boat can make it now, so I don't have to take it off of the dock until the end of the year. So just looking for Info on what's around me. Thanks!