Edit: had the dates wrong. Should be 5/10 & 5/11

Headed east 5/10 morning. Worked 20 to 50fow. Small brown on a bomber long a, pearl of moon flatlined. Another small brown on a dw 42nd spoon off a rigger, and a laker on a dw wonderbread off the other rigger. No kings so i foowed the pack towards the genny. Warmer stained water but I didnt get a hit and called it done.

Again headed east 5/11 am but found warmer stained water. Setting the first rigger line with a warrior ladderback spoon and had the twist around my finger when it got hit. The fish pulled it so tight I could not get my finger out of the damn loop. Fortunately it bounced off and I did not lose the spoon. Made it to shipbuilders in 20fow and the same spoon rigger just ripped. Rod tip never went up and just shot down pulling line. 3 leaps out of the water and 10 minutes later my first good size king of the year at 15lbs. Picked up 2 browns after circling around. 1 on the same spoon, the other on a custom warrior spoon from Salmon Slammer. Last fish of the day was a 6lb bow over 35fow off the rigger and that same custom spoon. Headed in at 10 something.

Edited by MadPerry

Great report. I always wondered what would happen if a fish hit when I was making the twist loop around my finger before putting the line in the release and you just answered that! I'm glad your finger is ok.

Good luck this year - tight lines,

Chris.