Does anyone have any knowledge of being allowed to commercial fish on Chamount Bay? I was walleye fishing when a boat drifted into my path. My planer boards were out 200 ft. As I neared the boat I noticed they began to pull nets in. BTW the nets were loaded with perch. They took off before I could get close enough to read the hull number. Any info would be helpful. Think I might report them to the DEC.

DEC Tipline: 1 (800) 847-7332

I would call they may already have other reports and when enough people call they usually check things out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you for the information. I think I will give the DEC a call. It says on the DEC sight no new commercial permits have been issued since 1986. Doubt too many would be left as they are non transferable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There is only 4-6 permits left, and yes they are used up there every year. You can call, but these guys are watched very carefully, they will be gone soon. Good Luck Tight lines.

Capt Rich

NY Guide Service

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

yes there are legal licenced commercial netters around chaumont, I know these people well they will be done very soon and out of everyones way. they target bullheads and perch mostly.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was fishing around Black River Bay and we saw nets and the friend I was fishing with said that there are a few commercial perch netters left. He said when these guys are gone, no new permits will be issued.