Trolling at Night ?

Hello Folks,

I wanted to know if anyone did this ? When the seasons get's up and going, in July and August on the North Shore is there provision to troll at night ? If so what bait's / lures and tactics does one need to employ ?

I figured it would be more comfortable at night without the sun, and less busy - but wasn't sure if Salmon were at all nocturnal or would commit to lures ?

I saw a show on youtube of a guy using Berkely Flicker Shads targeting Kings at night, but he was doing this during the Spawn when the fish were in the harbours.

Any advice regarding this would be appreciated

Afraz

I've had better luck in the pre-dawn than post-sunset hours, but they do hit.   If fishing at night, be very careful because there are huge logs and trees scattered throughout the lake right now..  It no time for opening the throttle.

Edited by Big Water

Last year I went out at 2am and fished till 8 am.....trolled in tight for browns....cool thing was I put chem lights on my boards and I also had them on my releases....eerie watching them in the dark....overall nothing special happened....took a few browns and when the sun started peeking up, we went out deeper and took a king.... I've had much better luck right at dawn and dusk.....give it a try, its an experience for sure.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app