Got out at 1:30. Fished between 50-120 fow in front of those big terrace bluffs. Didn't catch a thing...tried all spoon colors and a flat lined stick bait.

Later at around 5:30 got a little hit. Two more hits to take it off the clip before coming in at 7. All on a pink yellow backed spoon. This was my first time trying chamberlain releases though so it might've gotten tripped too easily. I tightened them after each hit. Will be back at it on 5/30.

This morning got out at 6:00. One hit after an hour and a half. 90 fow 50 ft down on an orange crush spoon. 19 lb king. One more hit but nothing before coming in at 1:00 pm. We'll be back at it later this evening.

Does anyone else have experience with chamberlain releases? We're getting hits but no hookups. I've been tightening them pretty good.

I use them all the time. I never had any problems with them as far as quick releases. You play with them a little to start, but once they are set you should be fine, especially on spoons. One thing I do know this time of year is that some of the small kings strike hard, but don't have a large mouth for the hooks. I tend to get a lot more of those this time of year, that would be my guess. I had 4 or 5 releases like that last weekend and we hooked up with a bunch of 5-8 pound kings. I might be completely wrong...but that was always my thought.

I agree with ryonybony about the Chamberlins. I've been using them for years and other than initial adjustment and adjusting them in spring for browns when running spoons off the riggers I've never had a problem. There are times when they just short strike and it's hard to get a solid hookup. You can try adjusting the leads off the ball sometimes a longer or shorter lead helps. Plus don't forget to sharpen your hooks it's amazing the difference a sharp hook makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Gary, do you have a pic of your rigger setup on your boat? Where you run your rods can affect the Chamberlains in the spring season due to the lite adjustments we use. If the rod is too far back, and you are setting them loose, a small wave or current can actually trip them. Post a pic of your setup if you can. In have been running them since the they showed up on the scene. If you have any questions shoot me a PM. Good Luck and tight lines.

Capt Rich

Ok, what lb main line are you running? Tough to tell how much bow you have in the line from rod to release, if it is excessive, that could actually cause the release to trip from backwards pressure. When I lower my rigger weight, I point the rod tip right at the water and keep it tight. The less line between the rod and release, means quicker hook ups, and less drops. Tighten up the upper adjustment a little more. For spring I will run the lower adjustment very lite due to all the skippys. Give it a shot, let us know how it works. Good Luck

Capt Rich

Try between west nine mile point and oswego make some runs from shore out to deeper water out from the shoals instead of parallel to shore. Week before last i picked up some browns, kings and lakers on spoons and stick baits there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishing out of Oswego today. Only thing so far is 15 lb king. 140 fow, 70 ft down. Orange crush spoon. The 19 pounder also came on that spoon yesterday. Seems like the fish are pretty scattered.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

10 pound king. Green/gold "Git-R-Done" spoon. 110 fow 60 ft down. Overall a slow day but we'll be coming back in July and I'm sure the fishing conditions will be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United