Bottom paint

fishaddict

I have 1990 boat in amazing shape without bottom paint. I have been keeping it on the trailer and launching it every time. It is a big pita especially early in the morning in hight of the season. What is the danger/ downside of keeping it for a month in the water on the marina of Salmon river. Are bottom cleaners/acids bad for yoour gelcoat? Do i expect to see lots of algae growth?

Please, chime in. Mike

post-148778-0-97844500-1403446534_thumb.jpg

post-148778-0-56218800-1403446585_thumb.jpg

I had a 18ft Troller center console that I kept a spotless as yours, we have a camper in the Black River Camp Grounds and I left my boat in the water for a week at a time through out the summer, it added up to maybe more than a months time in the water. In the fall it cleaned up with Simple Green and some elbo grease, then another coat of wax. Mine got like brown in color from the river.

Any other, negative experience? Did brown discoloration came off with Simple Green? I just used it to wash the boat after winter storage. It is great stuff to wash off surface gunk/oil/ greese but  does very little to any discoloration in gelcoat. That is why I asked you about acids. They do magic (I was told ) to bring the colors back but are not good for trailer and user from what I gather.

Mike