Well it had been some time since I had been up and wasnt quite sure what to expect. Checked the weather to get an idea of what the lake would be like and saw those dreaded East winds. Anyways started motoring out about 5:15 AM with a buddy and set up a spread of 2 riggers both cheated, 3 dispsys and a 300 copper off a board in 150. Pointed her North and picked up our first fish in about 200 FOW off the 40 rigger on a silver with green tape NK. About a 6lb steelhead. stayed in the 200 FOW water area and ended up marking some bait but fish were lacking. Team Rampage then called me and said they were seeing some activity out in 300 so once agin pointed her north and started to set up a steelhead spread. However we only managed a 12lb lake trout the rest of the morning off the 30 rigger.  

Decided we would give the evening bite a shot so we motored out to 250 and figured we would head north to 350 then troll south pack into port. Turned into a complete bust without even a fish marked.

Sunday morning I had some family come down. I warned em the previous night that the bite was off and feeding fish were tough to find. They still wanted to go out so plan was to fish in tight for  a little bit then head off shore. Set up the same spread as the day before except focusing more on orange colors for stee;head except for one deep dipsy with F/F. we didnt get our first bite until about 930 over 220 FOW that turned into an 8 lb coho after passing through a trash line. Continued to work that area and managed a few more bites but none landed. Temps both days steadily got colder as you went out and I wasnt able to locate a good temp line. Talked to some freinds all over the lake and it seemed to be the same issue everywhere. The transition is here and hopefully barring any bad weather well get a good thermocline setup and well start to see some mature kings start pushing through.

Edited by Rippin'Line

Hey Rippinline, my daughter (Summer Fun ) and I  (Fishen Fool ) had pretty much the same experience Saturday. We ported out of Port Bay from our dock at 6:00, with w buddy of mine. We're both newbies to the game, but he has more experience, so we went with what he said. He thought the Kings were out around 300'. So we went straight out to 300'. No Kings, but we did catch two Steelhead, both 6 ponders.

Caught both on a silver and green spoon.

My daughter and I went of in the evening and just like you, got nothen, didn't even mark fish either.

Couldn't go out Sunday.

Good fishen,

Fishen Fool