Another newbie

wrood1

Hey all just another newbie to the sight. Thinking about trying lake ontario this year I have been fishing Seneca lake for years I have a 18 foot bayliner cuddy with 5.0 I/o may upgade in a couple years but not this year. Does anyone have any input weather this size boat can work for trolling the big lake maybe just outside of Henderson bay. My brother in law turned me onto trib fishing this area and I would like to try trolling for kings

anyboat will work on certain days.there is a team out there fishing tournaments and doing good out of a similar boat to yours,not sure how they do it,but they do!!!!we started out with a 16' tin boat.out grew it rather quickly,but we made it work.ive seen party barges and speed boats out there trolling also.may be tough mounting riggers and rod holders depending on the gunwhales,but should be doable.you have to be smart and pay attention to weather forcasts and pick your days.once you catch your first king out in the lake you will probably shopping for another boat and a ton of other things also.BEWARE...... KING FISHING IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!!!!good luck and feel free to send me a pm with any other questions,id be glad to help.