New Guy from PA

Hi Everyone,

My name is Trevor I am from South Central, PA.  I recently took my wife out fishing for the first time with carter on Cayuga lake.  We had a fantastic time jigging for lake trout and she is now hooked on fishing.  I am joining to learn a little bit more about the finger lakes.  In the future my wife wants a place on the southern end of Cayuga Lake and a boat.  I am not sure where to start with either of those but for the time being I am hanging around to learn a bit about the fisheries and the techniques.  

Welcome Trevor,

Cayuga is a beautiful lake, properties near or in Ithaca are expensive. The lake properties are a great investment and should never go down in value. If I were you I would research all the fingerlakes because each has a lot to offer. IMO the best fishing is on Seneca, Cayuga and Owasco. Not necessarily in that order. Seneca has the best wine trail and Ithaca has the most diversity. Owasco has the nicest small lake feel, if that makes sense. I used to sell real estate but do not anymore so this is just a fisherman's opinion.. good luck, the fishing is world class IMO... :)

The wealth of info on fishing in this site is invaluable. Look back on older posts for the fingerlakes and you will learn a ton!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Thank you Nautitroller.  My wife has contacted a real estate agent in the area and is receiving property listings.  We aren't looking for something on the lake as those are more than we are looking to spend.  We are looking for something a few miles from Taughannock in the Trumansburg area since that would make it a 4 hour trip from home which is reasonable for a long weekend.  

We have been traveling through the area en-route to visit friends in the Rochester area for the past 5 years and we have very taken advantage of the Seneca wine trail.  This last trip was the first time we stayed in the finger lakes area and we loved it.  We will probably be back again towards the end of October so my wife can take a wine making class.  

I have to agree the fishing is world class.  Best fishing I have had since I drove 18 hours to a lake in Quebec.  

One thing I can say is the region is stunningly beautiful.  I am kind of bummed that I spent 4 years attending RIT and never made it to the finger lakes.  I really missed an opportunity there.  

Edited by nomad_archer