Our Niagara Pro An Experience w/pics

Sorry for the late report....

Fished the Niagara Pro Am with our new team last weekend. None of us had fished together before, so all in all it went well.

Started prefishing with Jeff Jackson on Thursday. We set up out front of Wilson where I'd caught fish the whole month pretty much at will. We took 3 fairly quick kings so we decided to search other water. Trolled up to Olcott and picked up a small king out front. Continuing our east troll, all hell broke loose once we got close to the power plant. It was one after another till we had no polls left in the water :lol: We ended our first morning fishing together 14 for 14. No real pattens....just about everything we put down got hammered. Here's a pick with me and the big fish of the day @ 21lbs. Came on 400 copper w/white & blue spinny and a hammer fly.

aV2s4wvJ.jpg

Friday we were joined by our Observer. We saw Cold Steel head to the bar and we all looked at each other knowing we should follow cause it was obvious they knew something. We chose to go to the plant, and caught a slow pick of dink after dink. Just couldn't find any size at all. We finally headed down in front of Wilson and started marking a lot of fish in 80fow so we set up but they had shut down by then. We managed two more of fair size, with Jeff's 19lber coming on the 400 copper w same white spinny & hammer fly.

aV2s96Ri.jpg

Saturday....WE SHOULD HAVE HEADED TO THE BAR ....but we didn't :?

We thought we'd do fine out front of Wilson. Caught fish there at will all week. WOW....did I eat a big giant piece of humble pie Sat! Feeling pretty good that we could hit fish, we took our time in the am and set up a light spread in 50-60 fow. Marked bait and fish. Fished wire and copper only for the first hour or more trying not to limit out on dinks right away. Our plan worked....to well!! Took an 11 lb Coho and then couldn't move a rod the rest of the day :x Probably the most frustrating day I've ever had on lake O. I threw everything at them....just couldn't turn em on. Didn't help that our driver couldn't keep his mind on driving :x

The coho took a white fly behind a white spinny w/ green dots. We should have left and ran to the bar....lesson learned...if the big boys go there....I'm going there too!!!!!

Sunday....new driver (Thanks Jeff!!) headed to the bar and got into fish right away 150 down on the rigger over 150. Same spoon took 5 fast hits in a row....a Denny glow frog. Lost several of them till the last one tore off the spoon. Took a small king on the wire out 330 on a white spinny and a lil boy blue fly. Took our best (still only bout 9-10 lbs) on the 500 copper. Took one more on the rigger 100 down over 180 fow. Found ourselves with 5 small fish real fast so we pulled everything and fished 2 copper rigs only (500 & 600). Within 15 min we were hooked up on the 500....not a big fish. Greg (aka playpenn) played it slooooow and YES, the 500 screams. Damn...gone after two short rips. Had to land the one on the 500 and that was it for us.

All in all, we had a great time and I made some new friends! We showed poorly due to our crap day on Saturday, but we'll only get better. Least we didn't set the bar to high for The Oswego Pro Am ;)