Happy new year!

phil2

Hi new to the site since Sept just been sitting back learning what I can. Used to fish the lake with my uncle when I was younger. Been playing the bass scene since 91. Came out off the salmon river this Sept with my bass boat rigged up a 2x6 bought some stuff and a way I went. Saw the first group of fish after trolling and cursing trying to go straight with a drift sock off the front cleat. Got my three rods out and just kept going Ng out until I hit 150 ft and saw bait and fish 100 ft down but the chart only went down to 70 ft for my dipsy so day 1 was a bust. Day two had some info ran out where I left off. Not a mark well figured I did it backwards so pointed towards the bank. I came across a ledge that came straight up from 148 to 135 saw fish and bait. Made my big turn with 300 ft of line hanging off the back. Then my middle rod started screaming!! Unbelievable how much line it took I couldn't get the rod out of the holder had to put the boat in neutral.with the bass fishing mentality I set the hook like I was flipping trees,well there is a fish with flasher and fly.. Fished the rest of the day in the same area had a bunch of quick release hits but was hooked again. I have to do some modifications to my setup have a bunch of ideas hopefully get to try next summer. Happy new year to all. Phil

post-159402-0-90082700-1451594092_thumb.jpg