7c leadcore backing

Searched around and cannot find the answer.

I'm setting up a 7 color leadcore on a sealine sg47 reel (only one so can't do the transfer). How much backing can you get on? Its suffix 27 lb leadcore and I'm not sure if I am going to use braid or mono.

Thanks

One of the things to consider when using a reel with fairly limited space is where you will be using it. The necessity for a lot of backing becomes important on Lake O because of the chinooks and some of the other very large fish there. On the Finger Lakes for example you can usually get away with less backing and generally smaller capacity reels. Using braid is the way to go to get more leadcore on the reel and it avoids the stretch issue encountered with mono especially when using boards. I don't know the specific answer for this reel as I use mine for downriggers with mono but you should be able to get at least 150 yards of 50 lb and possibly 300 yards of Power Pro braid under the 7 color. On the Fingers I only run 150 yds on most of my reels and have never had a problem of being "spooled" but for Lake O I use larger reels with more capacity and 300 yds. of braid backing. If all the leadcore doesn't fit you always have the option of adding weight to the setup and maximize the amount of backing.

I think I would just set it up for the eyes and that way you should have no problem doing whatever you wish with lighter backing even.