I was up for the week-end but didn't fish the Pro-Am. We fished for salmon all day Saturday with only 3 fish to show for it. All fish came over 220' and more of water, down anywhere from 127' to 142'. Biggest and smallest fish was on a Salmon Slasher chartreuse glow with an Atomik 3 fly rig with Big Weenie glow Slick Strips on the rigger 142' down. The third fish was on a Blue Angel Kingfisher withAtomik 3 fly rig. No hits on the wire dipseys on Saturday. Sunday we only took three hits and landed 2 fish. 2 hits on the wire dipsey down 330' on a #2 setting, lost the first one landed a 15 lb. on the second hit. Another 15 lb. on the same Salmon Slasher. The best part is the big fish on Saturday was 25.13 which at the time put me in 12th place but it has already fallen 1 spot. I don't know if it will last but it was fun anyway.2513Salmon71208.jpg

Nice report ,next year get in the derby(Pro /Ams) there really fun . What the heck im new to lake ontario fishing compared to some here .if your lucky enuf to have a good day you might win a few bucks ,throwin a raffle or two and you dont even need to catch a fish to win some nice stuff.Couple more fish like that would of payed your gas and entry fees.I pretty much have to finish well to get back my gas and beverage fees its not a matter of luck that we did well but more of one of surival to offset our beverage cost. If we dont have a full box by 10 am i put the lead boots on muskey throw him overboard and dont bring him up till he has a fish in his moulth,kinda like a freshwater flipper.

I've actually been fishing the big lake for over 10 years. Most of that time was out of a 17' boat so the Pro-Ams were not an option. I have a 22' now so I guess I could fish the Pro-Am I just don't know if I like the idea of an observer on the boat. We fished during the Pro-Am last year too and definitely would have been in the money. I guess I'll just have to talk to my brothers (my fishing partners) because I would really like to meet some of you guys in person. Ray, I saw your van in the parking lot on Sunday around noon when we came in totally drenched. I'll be watching to see how you all do in the Sodus Pro-Am, maybe I'll get lucky enough this week-end to have to go to get my $7500 check.

Good Luck to all.

Burt