Lesson Learned!

rolmops

For the past year ,my wife complained about my trailered boat stinking of gasoline and she was right. It was the sweet smell of 2stroke. I thought it was maybe a leaky connection or the fuel tank getting over pressurized and the fumes escaping. Just last week I finally decided to investigate the matter. It turned out that the float pin in the carburetor was worn out and allowed gas to pass through,effectively also flooding the engine when first time starting but not enough to flood the engine again within ,say, an hour. When I cleaned the carburetor I saw signs of leakage. I replaced the float and the pin and now there are no more fuel fumes. That was an easy solution to a stinky problem.

Edited by rolmops

I just had similar situation but with my truck. Been smelling gas lately and I have gas cans and dirtbikes in the back alot so figured was just smelling them splashing around. Finally looked the other day and found gas leaking out of fuel pump lines on top of tank. 1000 bucks later it's fixed. Sucks I had to pay to get it done but with work and needing it this weekend I wouldn't have had time to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk