FAMILAR BITE - Fantastic Service at GLT Supplies

Ladies and gentlemen,

It's not often that I have done business with a company as good as Great Lakes Tackle Supplies - the suppliers of Familiar Bite - but I thought I needed to share my fantastic experience....

Two weeks ago I ordered a case of Red Label FB, but there was no confirmation that they received my online order. Consequently, when I e-mailed them with my concerns, the owner Walt personally responded that there was a problem in their electronic processing. Not to worry, however, as I received my order 36 hours later, complete with dry ice packaging and a free tray of alewives for the hassle. Certainly this wasn't necessary, but more importantly is was a token of outstanding customer service.

My second experience occurred this evening, after I inquired about their custom bait heads earlier in the day. Once again, Walt contacted me - however this time is was a personal phone call late tonight after HIS long day. He spent over 30 minutes of his own time discussing how to rig the bait heads properly and he covered everything from appropriate down speed and lead length to the best sized flasher blade. He was more interested in successful fishing of his product, rather than simply making a sale. Even more importantly, he was going to prepare the rigs tonight, after we talked, just so they'd be out in the mail in the morning.

As a disclaimer, I have absolutely no financial or personal ties to this company, and I don't want this to sound like free advertisement for GLTS, but in this day and age of the "lost art of customer service", they certainly bucked the trend.

- Chris