Canandaigua Report 8/10- 8/15

Finally I am getting a chance to write my report from my family vacation week on the lake. We started out Sunday morning slow in the North end, managed a laker on the wire. I talked to Shawn of ReelHookedUp Sunday morning and he let me know where he was fishing and doing extremely well, so we hit his area the rest of the week.

We went out each morning and afternoon Monday through Wednesday managing only a couple per morning and afternoon. The renamed "Pizza" flasher with an A-TOM-MIK "chicken wing" fly was the best set up and caught 75 % of the fish. Every time it went down on either the probe rigger with the shark weight or the port rigger with a fish weight it fired.

DSCN2866.jpg

Mom had fun reeling in her first rainbow which was caught in the North end.

DSCN2831.jpg

DSCN2834.jpg

My brother in law Dale, an engineer with Ford Motor Co. helped me work on some of the wiring on the boat namely the auto bilges and the mercathode. This mercathode terminal was disconnected and we rewired it hooking up the anodes from the outdrive and the positive and negative battery connections. We made this repair Wednesday afternoon.

Thursday morning the crew and I headed to our waypoints where the screen was loaded with fish each morning before and with the mercathode wired up we lit them up. We did a double which turned into a triple but we dropped one of them.

DSCN2852.jpg

The copper rig out 300' proved to be too much for my 11 year old niece Emily so Auntie M helped her reel it in.

DSCN2850.jpg

We put 6 fish in the boat and we were back to the dock by 8:00 am for breakfast. Friday August 15, was the same story, same waypoints fish everywhere, and we boated 9 tossed 2 small ones back, and dropped one for 7 fish 5-8lbs. each.

DSCN2868.jpg

To sum up the week, the pizza and chicken wing was hot on the riggers parked at 50' or 60' , so was the copper with a mtn dew spin dr with a green hammer fly, the dalmation spin dr with hammer fly on the wire took a few too. Many thanks to the HookedUp boat Sunday for letting me know where he was fishing, my brother in law Dale for helping me work on the boat and the LOU community for discussing the anode issue somewhere and helping me put more fish in the boat!!