Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigwalleye

New Member from Ohio / WTB Sodus Bay Home

Howdy everyone, I was introduced to the forum over the weekend from a fellow member.  I live in Northeast Ohio, mainly a walleye fisherman here during the year on my 1987 Pursuit 2200 Cuddy Cabin, 225 Evinrude and 9.9 Honda hangin on the back.  Home town and home port is basically Lorain, OH, but fish several ports with other guys on their boats.  I recently re-committed / focused on drift fishing for walleye, and only troll when abso-necessary.  I fish Ontario when possible with a buddy who lives in Orchard Park, used to live in Lockport.  We'll salmon fish anywhere from the Niagara River to the Oak and everywhere in between.  Got some nice perch thru the ice on Sodus Bay back in January, and like fishing the lower Niagara from boat or shore for steel when weather permits.

My inlaws live in Oswego, and I'm currently looking for a retirement home (4 season) on Sodus Bay, in case anyone has friends or family or contacts that might have a home interested in selling without the agent mark-ups.  Budget is about $250k.  Prefer properties not on the islands, as my inlaws aren't boaters but do like to be near the water.  Also, can't do like 30-40 stairs to get to the house or the water cause they're getting up there and I don't much care for stairs either.  Appreciate any leads anyone has.  Casually looking, but looking nonetheless.  Aint getting any younger!  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• 2 BRAND NEW SPOOLS of DIPSY WIRE LINE

2 BRAND NEW SPOOLS of DIPSY WIRE LINE ,30 LB. TEST ,1000 FEET EACH, 1x7 STRANDED CAMO COLORED ACCUSTRAND,American made $ 60.00 plus $5 PRIORITY MAIL shipping any where in USA  

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• I-Bay Browns Mon 8/19

Deep water was a rollin' a little too much on Mon AM so stayed in close to join a few others who I assumed were fishing for browns. Never really tried for these and I don't have planer boards in the boat, but we set the spoons far back 60-70' and trolled 8-11' down in the 30-40 fow area. Marked a lot and managed to boat a couple nice ones.  Any other hints for fishing for browns without planers? My brother's first trip up for Lake O fishing and I got him on a few nice Kings the day before out in

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• NEW MAGNUM SILVER STREAKS *price drop*

New packs of 10 Magnum Silver Streak Spoons.  $38 for 10 new in package.    **SEE PICTURES BELOW**   PRICE DROP TO $35 PER 10.  Buyer pays shipping.    BUY MORE LOTS AND THE SHIPPING GOES DOWN AS I CAN COMBINE THEM.   I ALSO HAVE STANDARD SIZE LOTS AVAILABLE IF INTERESTED CALL 586 557 8969

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• SODUS 8/20/19

Launched next to Arney's at 615am after waiting way too long for a couple of fishing boats to launch and move out away from the ramp.   landed 2 kings, 22lbs and 19lbs by 9:30am and a coho around 10am.  Had two throw the hook as well.  Everything shut down for us after the coho at 10am. No bites from 10am until pull out at 1:30 pm.  Our early bite was in 160FOW down 70 with a temp of 45deg. Spoons, purple/black and green ladder back.    Quite a few boats out.     gr

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• New Fishing Buddy

Yesterday afternoon the storm cells split North and South of Dean's so once the radar cleared I hit the water with my new fishing partner. At 7 weeks old I wasn't sure how it would go but she's completely unfazed being on the water.  Even took her first swim once we landed and loaded out the boat. Ran lines from Sheldrake running North in the middle.  Had a fun battle with a good legal salmon hitting a super slim glow frog on a rigger down 60 . A few skippies then some Lakers on f

in Finger Lakes Discussion