Off Topic - restaurant advice west side Seneca Lake

I know that most of you don't eat out much as you have so much fresh fish from your outings for table fare !!!! - but my family is staying on the west side of Seneca - in Himrod - for the weekend and we're looking for a decent restaurant for Friday night. Two small children will be along, so keep that in mind. $12-$20 entree range is the ballpark. We are staying near the Rainbow Cove and Showboat - but I don't know much about those places. We can travel as far as Watkins Glen, Penn Yan, etc. No special food preference.

All advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

MarkG

showboat has pretty good food - are you just looking for something else?

If you head south on 14 you'll hit Glenora Winery- good food & atmosphere, but pricey. Keep heading south on 14 (around Rock Stream) and the Decoy is on the left. Good food, very casual (we took our kids there and they loved it) and reasonable prices. Not on the water though - just good food and really nice people (local family runs it and makes everything fresh).

If you keep going south into watkins you've got your pick. Everything from pizza/italian (Jerlando's) and chinese on the corner of 4th and 14 to upper-scale dining (and prices) at the new hotel, the wildflower cafe, etc... Just jump in the car and head down, park and walk around - you'll be able to find what you're looking for down there.