Wayne County Fishing Report for December 26, 2018

Streams-Tis the day after Christmas and all through my house, not a creature is stirring, except my one resident mouse.

If you received some flies or small spoons for Christmas, try throwing them out in Maxwell Creek. The water flow is perfect for this time of year and there is no ice build-up along the shoreline. Later this week it might hit the 50’s which only means you don’t need a bunch of layers to stay warm.

There are some steelhead coming from Maxwell…on the south side of lake road. They are skittish, however will hit bright red beads or egg sacs.

The smaller creeks along Lake Road also have fish and Salmon Creek in Pultneyville had some anglers fishing near the bridge. I’m not sure what they were catching.

Bays-There was open water at the north end of Port Bay a few days ago, so if you still are using your boat, that’s a good place to launch. You can also launch at the Coast Guard Station at Sodus Bay, however the day after Christmas is the second half of the waterfowl season, so any open water at that section of Sodus Bay will have duck hunters.

Obviously, you need to be very careful if you are fishing from a boat this time of year. Wear your PFD and remember hypothermia is deadly.

Click here to see the rest of this report on ILoveNYFishing.com.