Ventured out into the gentle breeze :o aboard Bretter's "Little Brown" with him and his buddy Tom this morning.

After we got set up right at dawn, we made our first turn to swing back into the cove and the outside Planer Rod fired (J9 Firetiger 18 FOW)...I grabbed the rod and played him for about 7 min as he would try and pass the boat under our Starboard board (Tom had to gas the boat a couple times to stay in front of him). He wouldn't take line...but he wouldn't let me take any either! Finally he turns toward us and I reel as fast as I can to keep him tight. We see the flash and Brett gets the net about a foot above the water when he jumps about 3 ft in the air shaking the hook and waving good-bye. He looked like a realy nice fish...but don't all the one's that get away! :$

After we quit crying (Ok we really haven't stopped) we get set up and Brett hooks into a monster off the other planer (In reality, no one else would grab the rod!)..Here's a pic of him playing it.

PqKTCvi.jpg

We held him at the back of the boat as we called the weigh station to see if he would qualify for the daily $100 prize(see pic)

PqKWPxS.jpg

After we realized they don't have a dump-duck division this year :( We through a shirt over him, unhooked him, and set him free (You can just see him in the center of the pick flying a touch crooked!)

PqKXJV9.jpg

Thought about sliding out to deeper water after about four more passes through the cove, but the big pond was putting too much of a beating on team "Little Brown"

Good luck & tight lines to all!