For surf casting?

it's going to be for an anchor rod for pin rigging down south... If your not familiar with pin rigging I'm basically going to use this rod to throw out a 4-6 ounce anchor

Dylan absolutely nothing intended by the "haha" I didnt think you would take it wrong way, some other people seem to be a little sensitive. I have a few I use for land based shark fishing down there but just for more than you were looking to spend. Trying not to waste anyone's time. Good luck on the purchase.

Dylan absolutely nothing intended by the "haha" I didnt think you would take it wrong way, some other people seem to be a little sensitive. I have a few I use for land based shark fishing down there but just for more than you were looking to spend. Trying not to waste anyone's time. Good luck on the purchase.

you're fine lol. I'm not even going to be catching fish with this rod so I wouldn't want to spend a lot. It's literally just going to be for casting out my anchor line... Where about do u shark fish?

My grandparents have a place in Ft Lauderdale but I fish from miami to stewart. If youre heading there soon, the snook are going to be starting to swim along the beaches near the inlets. Awesome opportunity to stretch the line on light tackle.