Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. You Bills fans are lucky there are 2 halfs to a football game. If there was not, the Bills record would be a lot worse. If they play this way against a good team, they may find them selves too far behind to come back.
  2. There are no gobies in Conesus (yet). Hopefully some one does not put them in there. There is a heathly population of alewives in Conesus. They are a lot smaller than Lake Ontario alewives.
  3. The Ottawa River has a healthy population of muskies. It is one of the best rivers for numbers of muskies. Lake St. Clair and the 1000 islands are 2 other great musky fisheries. If you want numbers, I would say the Ottawa river or Lake St. Clair. For a chance at a true monster, I would go with the 1000 islands.
  4. Very nice bow.
  5. That explains why he had me put a 110 outlet in his boat!
  6. Could you imagine what the names would be of thier new flavors? :mrgreen:
  7. The peanuts will hang the bottom if you drag the ball on the bottom too long. My favorite colors are blue glow, blue and silver, and green glow. Don't forget about spin and glows. They work good too. B&E tackle in Wayne county, and Jay-Ve tackle in Rochester has them.
  8. Jax, How early did you have to get up to get your hair ready for fishing? :shock:
  9. Fished if the peir yesterday for perch and killed the gobies. Caught around 100 - 150 and 5 nice perch. The seagulls ate well yesterday.
  10. I have had my Foodsaver for 6 years now and love it. I package lots of fishand deer with it. My wife buys bulk chicken brests and steaks and we foodsave and freeze them to save $. I have not had any problems with my foodsaver.
  11. Bruce, Thanks for the report. Did not think we would see another report from you after the last time. Keep them coming.
  12. Ray, Fishinman told me you hit that one with your vehicle on the way back from Oak Orchard! :shock: Nice buck Ray.
  13. Freeman77, The email I got that picture in said E-bay!!! You can buy anything on Ebay. Good for getting meat but can really screw up a nice rack.
  14. Tom, Talk all you want, the Raiders still stink. P.S. I'm not a Bills fan.
  15. A mark of a good team is when they can win ugly against GOOD teams not losers. Bills will make the play offs but not the big game. Mark my words.
  16. The Bills were lucky to walk away with a win. They looked horrible the entire game. Luckily they were playing the Raiders
  17. BillyV, Put a second coat on all your teak and it will look even better. The stain will also last a year or two longer. I put the first coat on, sand it really lightly and then apply the second coat.
  18. Yes. Run the copper and dipsies shorter so it runs shallower. I have 5 copper setups 100', 200', 300', 400', and 500'. I switch them in and out depending on the depth of the fish at certain times of the year.
  19. Yes. I have caught some of my biggest browns off of dipsies.
  20. Time out, Try one of these. It gets them every time.
  21. Try NK 28 sized and 4d sized spoons, Michigan Stinger spoons in the stingray size and the original size. Browns will hit copper. Copper is super stealthy and works great. Here are the links to the websites of the spoon manufacturers named above. http://www.northernkinglures.com/ http://www.mistinger.com/
  22. beach, Here is a link to a site that is selling some j-plugs. http://www.google.com/products?sourceid ... 1&ct=title Run them off of plainner boards, riggers, copper, dipsies or flat lined out the back of the boat. Troll them from 2.2 - 3.2 mph. They will dive some so don't put them too deep. This time of the year, j-plugs can out produce anything else in the water.
  23. Stan, copper is an effective set up. I don't know how deep you are fishing browns but a copper setup with Stinger spoons will get browns. Copper will get you down 22' for every 100' of copper in the water. Some of my favorite brown spoons are froggy glow, NBK, tuxedo, green dolphin and the dirty whiteboy.
  24. Timeout, Nice buck. Hopefully you can hang that one on the wall once the season starts.
  25. I caught a couple the other day at the pier on the Genny. One was 20 1/8". The guy next to me caught one on a cleo casting for kings. Mine were all caught on minnows.
×
×
  • Create New...