Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. The Genny is good but after the thaw, the Genny is at flood stage. The water is chocolate milk. It will take a couple of weeks to clear. Once it clear, it will be good. Oak Orchard, 18 Mile Creek and some of the Erie Tribs are great for steelhead at this time of the year. My suggestion would be to hire a guide.
  2. Congats Tom. What are you going to name it?
  3. I'm buying a slightly used Lowrance x-15 from a buddy.
  4. I'm selling my Lowrance X-97 fish finder. I'm upgrading my electronics. The unit works great. I'm asking $125.00 for it. Everything is with it, power cord, transducer, unit, mounting bracket and the screen cover. Will meet someone in the Rochester area 1/2 way.
  5. Gotta pay for upgraded electronics and take some extra weight out of the boat. I have not used an echip in over a year. I have not used the Luhr Jensen Dodger in over 3 seasons. I'm a Spin Doctor fan all the way.
  6. Fished in the monsoon an Saturday and did really good on pike. 2 of use fished 10 tip ups and iced 8 pike and lost 4 others. We had other flags with quick long runs and drops before we could get to the tip ups. Watched the underwater camera and was amazed at the number of pike swimming by. One 20 minute time period, we watched 7 pike swim by. Mostly smaller pike but one monster. The ice was still around 5" in most spots when we left at 1230. The top layer was getting soft and the shore ice was crappy. The water was getting murky really quick as it got later in the day.
  7. I'm selling 12 Luhr Jenson Size 0 dodgers and 3 size 000 muching dodgers for $50.00. There is a picture of all the dodgers below. I will throw in these unrigged flies for free and ship at buyers expense from area code 14468.
  8. Freeman77, How was the ice?
  9. I'm going tomorrow Tom. I might need sunscrean!
  10. Tom, I was not fishing for lakers so I thought you would not like it. Don't worry, I will get you out there as soon as mother nature quit screwing with us icefishermen.
  11. That looks like Jax in the Pink ones. His hair is all done up if you look closely. I can't tell which one Rick is?
  12. Bob, Call Higbie farm supplies in Chili at 594-8300.
  13. I thought you worked for a living?
  14. Fished Braddocks today from 7 - 10:30. Did 4 pike with 5 guys and 15 tip ups and lost 2 others. Ice was 4 - 10" (mostly 4 -5" with a couple spots of crappy 10" white ice near shore). Shiners took all the pike. Dead baits did nothing. It was great to see my 7 year old nephew catch his first solo pike on a tip up. Hopefully the ice holds up. We are not losing that much ice yet. There was still snow on top of the ice when I left.
  15. [quote="tbromund That and the fact that he fishes Lake Michigan where the average mature salmon weighs 8 lbs
  16. I hear you Scott. Conesus is frozen from Long Point to the North end too. It will come back but who knows how long.
  17. I'm not the biggest fan of Pin fishing. It seems too easy to me. I like flyfishing (the real way with fly line) it is more of a challenge. Learning proper drifts and mending are the keys to catching fish. Flipping a bobber out and watching it float down the stream seems to easy to me. Using 4lb line for steelies and breaking off most of the fish hooked is not that much fun too me either. To each there own I guess.
  18. Otter boats are better. They will not flip over in a chop. No worries about adding extra things to them to make them work better. Pull 500 and 600' coppers with no problems.
  19. Spring brown rods I run 15lb main line and 12lb floro leaders. Summer salmon rods have 30 lb Ande pink with 15 or 20 lb. floro leaders. Keating can get away with using light line because he has the money to replace the lures he loses from the revenue off of his book sales.
  20. It will be interesting to see what it is at our marina Scott. Hopefully a little better than last year.
  21. Check your PM
  22. The stamp is for trout and salmon because the DEC spends thousands on stocking them and nothing on stocking bass and pike.
  23. Nice job Stan.
×
×
  • Create New...