Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Rick, I caught a big Atlantic in that same spot 10 years ago. It is good to see more and more of them showing up.
  2. Pleasure Unit, The bridge is an issue and the width of the channel leaving the marina into the creek. Your boat will make it no problem but you don't want to be off by much.
  3. Nice job guys. Not even a 9lb walleye can't get Nick to smile?
  4. Both are good boats. Thompsons are notoriuos for stringer rot (old models). Either brand, make sure it has had a recent survey done.
  5. You can dock at the Newport but it was 73.50 a foot for the season when I left 3 seasons ago. From what I hear, they want you to pay for a 2 year dock lease.
  6. I'm looking for 2 used in good shape. Caps can be worn out, I have replacements. Here is a link to the ones I'm looking for http://www.bigjon.com/store/list.asp?Su ... oductID=55.
  7. Nick, Now you and FISHINMAN have something in common!
  8. Mark, I don't dare open that link. I'm at work!
  9. DoubleD, Did you try Cabelas? That is where I got my bulk spool not too long ago with no troubles.
  10. Happy B-day Nick.
  11. Happy Birthday Jeremy.
  12. My condolences to the family. I read the "at the oak" page daily. Hopefully a Tournament will be named in his honor.
  13. The Tourney was a lot smaller than originally planned. Lots of teams showed interest until the warm up on Thursday and Friday. The field consisted of 18 teams (7 from PA). Crappies did cost us the $ Rob. Saw them on the camera but could not get them to go. The guys that got some crappies got them in the first hour and then they were done. I had one on and lost it. 3rd place would have paid around $300.00 bucks due to the small amount of teams that entered.
  14. Fished the Elite tourney on Honeoye on Saturday. Left Sandy Bottom Beach at 8 am (the late start was the only thing I did not like about this tourney) and headed for the bluegill grounds. Iced one slob gill and 4 decent gills, then the bite slowed down almost to a complete shutdown. Stuck it out until noon and headed to the perch grounds. Filled our 5 perch limit fast and headed back in to find some more gills or crappies. Did not find anything bigger than the 5 we had in the bucket. Headed back in to be at he weigh in at 2pm. At the weigh in, we ended up finishing 4th (one place out of the money). One crappie would have made the difference. The team that won crushed the competition by 2 lbs. They found 5 slob gills, 5 perch and 3 crappies. Next season I will have a 4 wheeler to move around to different spots quicker and easier.
  15. It must be that California accent.
  16. Happy birthday!
  17. I'm wondering if it is because some of them partially froze. We had a couple that we caught at first light that started to freeze. If some of the filets were over cooked and some cooked right, there will also be a difference in taste. Of course, Tom would not know that because cooking the Mcfilets at Mcdonalds is done in the fryer and is timed!
  18. Wow nice looking boat. Looks like a Thompson and a Penn Yann Pro Hunter Cross. Nice looking boat and really impressive that it does not have any wood. It should last a lot longer.
  19. Another vote for Blacks. The Scottys are nice but I still like my blacks better. I think longline hit the nail on the head. The Scottys are my go to Copper release for the boards.
  20. Doesn't Ray do that kind of fishing in the buffy?
  21. Happy Birthday Jeff.
  22. 40" or more. That is my goal. Can't beat 32". Hopefully some day.
  23. Actually a lot less than normal. Usually we would get one every trip. Only 3 this entire season. NO big ones either.
  24. Chinook, Did you try the A-tom-mik site? He is carrying them now. That is where I'm going to purchase mine in the next couple of weeks.
  25. They are out there. When I had my small boat, I used to go out in the end of Feb. when it was warm and do really good on browns. March and April are great times to be out there. You have to pick your days but it's worth it when you can get out there.
×
×
  • Create New...