Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. This unit is sold. I purchased it from the seller today.
  2. Bob, The antena is fried. I got a used Lowrance LCX15-MT to match the other one on my dash. Thank you everyone for your help.
  3. Tim, I'm not sure. It was working fine for 10 minutes and then an alarm went off stating that the "module had stopped working". It is old and it's time. Thanks for the offer.
  4. Try the Big Jon Website and look for the blemished boards. They are a little cheaper and work perfect. Lots of them have only a little discoloration.
  5. During the shakedown cruise today, my ANCIENT Lowrance LMS 350 died (it seems like the antena is not picking up satelites anymore). I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive quality GPS unit. Anyone have any suggestions for make and models that work great let me know. I'm looking for just a GPS or a combo unit less than $500.00 used in good shape. If anyone has a used one they want to part with, I will be happy to take a look at it.
  6. 1000' will fit with a little room. I have 200' of backing on mine just to fill the spool up all the way.
  7. The Gina to Putneyville stretch was killer for one of the captains in the Red Cross Tourney on Tuesday.
  8. I run up to a 500' copper with a flasher / fly off the Otter Boats. I use Scotty plainer releases to hold the coppers.
  9. Nice job with the kid Rob. Fishing is a great way to keep him out of trouble.
  10. The LOC was over on the 12th Bob.
  11. Chris, Is he paying for the repairs? He is liable for the damage to your boat. It was a failure on his part not yours.
  12. Does it come with a custom barf bucket for FISHINMAN? If not, there is no way they will want it.
  13. Penn Yan 88, Don't say that too loud or we will have a crowded area to fish. The Red Cross tourney is always a good time. Good people, good fishing, good food and for a great cause.
  14. What species? Steelies, kings, coho lakers ???????????????????????
  15. Look at the calendar at the bottom of the home page. Everything was transfered to the calendar. If anything is missing, you can add it yourself/
  16. The morning and afternoon tourneys were won by the same captain. I can't remember the name but he had a 18lb. king in the morning and a 21lb. 10oz. king in the afternoon.
  17. Shade, When you run flashers off of the copper, I go 20' per 100' of copper. Spoons I follow the 22' per 100' of copper. 45lb copper will run a lot deeper than 30lb. copper. 300' leadcore (10 colors) only runs 40 - 50' down depending on brand and lb. lead, copper will get you 60 -66' down with the same amount of line out.
  18. Bill Chennel Here is his phone number 305-7887
  19. If you run 2 sliders on one rod, you are asking for a mess. I'm a fan of fixed cheaters. Sliding cheater work great but, it is harder to duplicate the exact depth you took the last fish at. I will run a rod off the ball and stack a rod above it and cheat the top rod if the fish are really spread out in the water column. The bottom rod does not get cheated because that will tangle with the top rod.
  20. 10 colors of lead will not go nearly as deep as 300' of 45 lb copper. Foot for foot, copper achieves depth quicker. I also believe copper moves more in the water column than core. I junked all of my lead core rigs for coppers. I have 7 coppers in various lengths. They flat out produce fish. They are pricey but worth every penny.
  21. I put a short 6' section of 50 lb. mono between the copper and backing on all of my copper rigs. This helps hold the line in the release on rough days. I too run the Scotty releases but I don't need rubber bands with the mono between the copper and the backing. I run the bigger Scotty plainer releases for copper with flasher / fly combos and coppers over 200' with spoons. The shorter coppers with spoons do well in the smaller Scotty releases. I also run the Big Jon Otter boats. Inlines are a pain with copper because they do not run true.
  22. Mated for Capt Sam for the 6 year in a row and had a great day on the water. Between the morning and afternoon trips we were 11 for 19 with 1 coho, 2 kings and 8 steelies. The steelies were all over the place yesterday. We took steelies from the surface to 75' down. Both kings came down 90 over 130' at the same time (right at the end of the day). Lost another big king off the boards and a couple nice steelies off the board. We had one big steelie hit a rigger parked at 35 on the Starboard rigger and was jumping on the other side of the wire dispy on the port side of the boat . That did not end well . The hot lures of the day: Orange crush NK28, Stinger NBK, Stinger Gator, and the Live Wire Spin Doctor and the green hammer fly. We took fish off riggers, boards, dipsies and coppers. The most consistant depths were 90' down, 55' down and the surface. There was a nice temp break on the surface off of Vanlare in 135' going Southeast to Northwest. Temp changed 2 degrees and was holding a lot of fish and bait.
  23. Happy B-day Chad.
  24. Congrats on your 4th place finish BillyV Ray, Is that the solar system between your plainer masts?
  25. Does anyone know if Oak Orchard is going to run the 3 fish monthly derbies like last July and August?
×
×
  • Create New...